Over the years, we have come up with so many different ways to send files.
- Saving to floppy disks and mailing
- Saving to CD’s and mailing
- Saving to flash drives and mailing
- Emailing files, but if they were too big…saving to flash drive and mailing
Backing up files in case something happened to you computer was also a challenge in the years past. These methods worked, but what if your house was destroyed by fire or tornado? Your records would be gone.
- Saving to floppy disk and put in the a drawer or safe
- Saving to CD’s and put in the a drawer or safe
- Saving to flash drives and put in the a drawer or safe
How Can I Send a File Securely via Email?
Really, the best way to send a file that might have security issues is to not email it at all. With DropBox, you can upload the file, share and send a link to it. All the person has to do is click on the link and download the file.
How Can I Email a File that is Too Large?
Upload the file to DropBox, click the share option and send the link. Even if its several gigabytes, will can be retrieved electronically.
How Can I Backup My Files Safely?
With DropBox, you can upload folders of files, we do it all the time. We then remove them from our computers, knowing they are safely stored in the cloud and can be accessed at anytime.
How Can I Share a Folder of Pictures with My Family?
Our family has a “Family” folder in DropBox and it is shared with all the members of the family. When someone uploads pictures, we can all see them instantly.